Friday, August 2, 2013

Stretch class addendum for my Pasadena students

Due to one student's determination, the Stretch class is back on the Le Studio (and my) schedule, Fridays, 5:30-6:30PM. This class combines floor barre exercises, traditional running stretches, modified yoga positions, and Pilates-ish core strengthening (very gently!), all while listening to some awesome music like Dionne Warwick, Greg Greenway, The Carpenters, the Mamas and the Papas, etc.

Soothing tunes, low lights, soft mats. Sometimes we giggle about random cultural tidbits or why an exercise reminds us of Jane Fonda videos from the 80s and oh-my-gosh do you remember the leotards from back then and the hair and the twisty headbands and---...you get the idea. It's fun and it feels like dancing even though we're on the floor for the majority of the hour.

But it's also been quite small, which is why there is now a 5 person minimum requirement for the class to take place. So if you want to take the class, simply contact me via email (LeighBalletLA at gmail dot com) by Thursday afternoon and if you think you *might* take it, let me know that too. Things come up and all our intentions get tossed but if I have an idea you could be there, I'll take that into account.

Thank you all and happy dancing/stretching~

No comments: