Friday, August 12, 2016

A weekend consumed by Zombies!

(see what I did there?)

This past weekend was the ScareLA Horror Convention in Pasadena, CA at the convention center. Two awesome days of fun and thrills and a few scares. I am so proud of my dancers who performed my zombie ballet not once but 8 times! They performed six times in what was sort of like a flash mob arena and the other 2 times on a stage.

Here are a few photos of them getting made up by the pros at EI Makeup (a school for makeup artists):






And they were minor celebrities too! I would say "major" except we have to reserve that for Elvira who was the convention's star. Wherever we walked, they were stared at, oohed and ahhed over, and sooo many people begged to have their pictures taken with them (including me!). Here are a few:








These are just a handful - there were so many! Old and young, they all wanted their pictures taken with the zombie ballerinas.

Besides the makeup, the costumes were just phenomenal. And that is due in large part to the work of Jen Marchain, who was instrumental in getting us into this convention. She's a big-time zombie addict/Walking Dead fan who even flew to San Francisco once to participate as a zombie in an episode of Mythbusters! She either instructed the dancers on how to make the costumes or she zombiefied them herself. Here are a few close-ups:





 Of course, I had to have one myself! Here I am with classical zombies and scary zombies:



Happy zombie dancing!

No comments: