Thursday, October 19, 2017

Catching up!

Happy Autumn!

My favorite time of year: Halloween and dried leaves on the sidewalk and 90 degree weather.

Oh that's just us in Southern California!

I wanted to catch you all up on some fun things that have been going on.

First of all, my ballet company's debut performance was on October 8 at the Lanterman Auditorium. It was the world premiere of my original full-length ballet, Sweet Sorrow, A Zombie Ballet and it was amazing! I am so incredibly proud of all of my dancers and I am thrilled with how the show turned out, from costumes to lighting to set design to program design. Everything was so professional!

For those of you who wanted to make it but couldn't, here is a promo reel to tide you over until next year:


Doesn't that make you want to see the whole thing?

Next I have a couple of fun article links, both about my company and interviews with me:

The Advocate article about Sweet Sorrow A Zombie Ballet

And

Footloose Mission Health and Wellness Blog

I am so honored to be profiled and to have my company featured on both of these sites.

So now that all of that is over for another year, we can take a break, yes? No!

Bring on Nutcracker! 

That's right, I'm preparing my brain for a Waltz of the Flowers invasion (I use a short version but it just sticks in my brain no matter how long it is!). We perform with Classical Ballet Theater at the Norris Theater in Palos Verdes, CA. It's a gorgeous stage and there is balcony seating, so classic and classy. We have a great time with Kotomi's students and we enjoy the camaraderie with her young students. We will be performing two matinees on Sunday, November 19, at 1PM and 4PM. Tickets will go on sale soon and I'll post the link.

Whew! Happy dancing, everyone~

No comments: