Tuesday, August 21, 2018

ScareLA Horror Convention and Saturday sub

Hello all!

For my local dancers, I just wanted to give you a heads up that this weekend is ScareLA, the huge horror convention in DTLA that my company performs at and also has an exhibitor's booth.  This will be our 3rd year at the convention, the second hosting a booth, and we are ALWAYS thrilled to be there.

The horror community has been so kind and generous to us. They are big fans of the zombie ballerinas and they beg to get their pictures taken with them.

Even if you aren't a horror fan, the atmosphere at the convention is fun and sometimes chilling. This year the organizers are making it dark so it has more of a haunted feel rather than an office supply store. Ha!

If you are in the area and planning to attend, please stop by and see us at Booth #108A. We'll also be performing 3 times on the stages:

Saturday, August 25th:
1:15PM - Monster Stage
4PM - Scarywood Street

Sunday, August 26th:
4:30PM - Scarywood Street

We will also be doing occasional "flash mob" type performances at the Sliders Space so keep your eyes peeled for us there.

Here is more info for the schedule and what you can expect at ScareLA this year: ScareLA website

So what does this mean for my classes this weekend? Nothing! They are all happening as usual. I will be teaching my first two classes at 9AM and 10AM but my 11:30AM pointe class will be taught by my friend Carol Guidry, who is an amazing dancer and teacher. You will love her!

No comments: