Monday, June 10, 2019

New classes in new locations! Come dance with me!

I'm excited to tell you some news about my classes:

1. Beginning JULY 9th - Tuesday 7PM Advanced Beginner is moving to Live Arts LA in Glassell Park!  2000sf open studio with marley, a large dressing room/lounge and stretch area, water cooler, bathrooms, and unrestricted street parking, very conveniently located right off the 2 freeway near the 134 and 5.
More:
I love this space! It's a hidden gem that deserves more notice! Many of my friends teach here (Carol Guidry on Sunday mornings; Bertha Blankenship on Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons; Helen Nasillski on Friday mornings) and I have always wanted to teach here myself. The space is huge and very spacious - high ceilings, skylights and windows - with a marley-covered sprung floor. I love taking class here so I know I will love teaching here too. 
Bonus:
Water cooler! Just bring your water bottle and stay hydrated. 

2. Beginning JULY 11th - Thursday 7PM Advanced Beginner is moving to Inspire Dance Studio in La Canada! Studio is quad-sprung with marley, dressing /stretch areas, water cooler, bathrooms, plenty of free street parking including a small private lot in back, right off the 210 freeway near the 2.

More:
I've been teaching at this studio since 2014 (!) after I decided to be a completely independent businesswoman and go out on my own. I love this studio and I love how my classes have grown. Julie made it even better by building a quadruple sprung floor and adding marley which gives us such a great cushion for our knees and ankles.

Bonus:
I now have all levels of ballet available to my students in this location. From beginner to intermediate and pointe, all of my students will have access to the 3 levels of classes I teach. I might also start a new pointe class here afterward.

3. With this move comes a re-launch of my Beginner class on Monday and Wednesday at 8PM. It will be a true beginner class! 

More:
 As my classes have evolved and my core group of students have become more experienced - but not quite experienced enough for the intermediate class - the beginner class has tended to skew more advanced, with us doing pirouettes and bigger jumps and more complex combinations than I would typically do with my beginners. By making this change, I will give those advanced students another level of class and thus be able to make this beginner class one for real beginners.

Bonus: On Wednesdays I'm going to add 15 minutes of men's conditioning and steps for a small additional fee.

4. June 30th-July7th - Vacation, no classes will be held.

No comments: