Wednesday, December 4, 2019

My first monthly newsletter!

Hello all and welcome to December!

I hate getting a ton of emails, especially when the good ones get swamped by the spam. So rather than send you all a bunch of my super awesome and informative emails about class changes and workshops, etc. I decided I would start a monthly newsletter!

In it, I will let you know about any changes to my classes, my schedule, my locations, etc. as well as links to cool things like pirouette tips or fun shows, my recent blog posts or even my book reviews for Dance Advantage. I'll also include brief company updates in case you are in the company or want to know more about it.

You can subscribe or unsubscribe at any time! I know that not everyone likes newsletters but I find it much easier to keep things all in one place rather than a whole bunch of emails that I send to the trash and then have to go searching for.

Here's the link on the web.



View this email in your browser

December 2019 schedule

All classes will be in session through the end of 2019, except NO CLASS on Christmas Day. **On Christmas Eve, 12/24, and New Year's Eve, 12/31, there will be MORNING classes only: 10:30AM-12PM at Inspire Dance Studio in La Canada. These will be Open Level classes and everyone can attend! View my full schedule here (scroll to bottom of page).

December special treats!
Beginner class will be learning my Tarantella dance from Nutcracker.
Pointe class will be learning my Sugar Plum Fairy variation.
 

Special notes

Beginning January 1, 2020, the price of a single class will be $18; 5-class cards will be $85; 10-class cards will be $155. As always, they have NO expiration date and may be used for any of my classes.
 

Featured technique tip!

We could all use some tips on turns! Here is one that speaks to the UNDERARMS, an oft-neglected area of the body.  Underarm pirouettes!
 

LPBC News

The company will have a final meeting on December 7 at Inspire from 1-2PM. Mark your calendars: Our Intention for the 2020 season will be on Sunday, January 12, 12PM. Everyone is welcome to participate if they would like to be part of the company's 4th season. More information to come!

Many thanks to all of you who attended our show in October! We had over 600 guests and we performed in a beautiful new theater, the Manoukian Performing Arts Center. For those of you who missed it, the photos featured here (courtesy of Raul Paredes) are the newest characters in "Sweet Sorrow, A Zombie Ballet": Werewolves (Celia Green and Omaira Galarza), Their Innocent Victim (Kavita Master), and Benvolio (Bill Reiss)!
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2019 Leigh Purtill Ballet, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments: