Monday, March 19, 2012

Spotlight on Adult Ballet at 4Dancers blog!

You know I'm always looking for good stuff and one of my favorite places for good stuff is 4Dancers.  This month, the awesome blog has a series of really terrific interviews with adults who began ballet later in life, as well as its regular pro dance features.  I especially loved reading this one about Acacia Warwick, who began dancing after her chemo treatments for breast cancer. I love her upbeat attitude and her no-nonsense advice to dance if you want to dance.  That's exactly right!  My new motto for all of my students, regardless of age:

You have one life to live; dance if you want to.

There are so many other wonderful interviews on the blog.  Do yourself a favor and get inspired by others.  And next week, look for an interview with me!  I answered Catherine's questions about teaching adults.

Happy dancing~

No comments: