Saturday, March 9, 2013

Class 4 of Elementary Ballet Workshop

Our last class!  I was so happy to watch my students "graduate" today. I feel confident that they can attend one of my Basic Ballet classes (or another Basic Ballet class with someone else) and be absolutely fine.  Sure, the next step will be a challenge but they are armed with all they need to get started and feel good.

Here is what we worked on today:

At the barre, with music:
--Plie combinations in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th, including grand plies and port de bras
--Tendu combinations in 1st and 5th, with port de bras and demi-plie
--Degage combination in 5th with port de bras and plie (assemble)
--Rond de jambe combination with a balance and rond en l'air
--Grand battements with plie (assemble)
--Sousous
--Changements and sautes in 1st

In the center, with music:
--Tendu and degage combinations
--Pirouette prep from 4th position

On the diagonal, with music:
--Chassees efface and croise
--Sautes en arabesque and retire

Reverence to finish the class

I'm so excited for them to move on, wherever it may be.  I think I might do another workshop, perhaps an Elementary Ballet II.  We'll see!  Stay tuned!

No comments: