Sunday, March 5, 2017

How are those resolutions/goals coming?

Courtesy Jacques Kaufmann, creative commons license
Yes, it IS March. Yes, we ARE in the third month of 2017 already. How did this happen?

In my own defense, in January I was busy with forming my new ballet company, Leigh Purtill Ballet Company, a nonprofit amateur ballet company for adults which will be doing its first original production in October (more on that to come!).

In February, I was swamped with moving. After 17 years in the same apartment, my husband and dog and I had to move. We were absolutely excited to do this, but it was much easier said than done. Needless to say, shoving 17+ years of stuff into a moving truck and then emptying it out a few miles away was MUCH harder than we anticipated. We're still unpacking, still unsettled, but we are in a new place with new views and it's very exciting.

So here is March...it's a long month (thank goodness!) but it's filled with rehearsals for two shows with two casts, not to mention meetings associated with the company AND the shows - on top of my regular classes, workshops, and private lessons. I want to do everything all at once but it's definitely been a challenge.

One of the most wonderful results of the move has been discovering a new teacher(s). Last week, I was discussing my personal 2017 goal with one of them and it reminded me that I actually HAD a personal goal that I haven't had time to explore. She was very encouraging when I told her about it and that led to a discussion among her students about pirouettes and technique, etc. What a wonderful opportunity to talk shop with new people!

But...I still have to tackle my goal which is, as I mentioned 2 months ago, consistent triple pirouettes.

How about you? Have you had any success in pursuit of your 2017 goals? If not, don't give up yet! There's still nine months left in this year to meet them.

If anyone has ANY questions about how they can achieve their goals, if you need any advice, EMAIL me or POST in the comments below. I am happy to help when I can! And who knows, your questions might help someone else!

Happy dancing!

No comments: