Wednesday, December 19, 2012

(Foot)notes

This tidbit in Pointe magazine caught my eye, so I thought I'd share:

Wish your pointe shoes were slightly less painful? Get more sleep! A recent study found that when people stayed in bed for at least 10 hours a night, by the fourth day they experienced a 25 percent decrease in pain sensitivity. Researchers think this happens because we have more pain receptors in our blood system when we're exhausted. How's that for an excuse to sleep in? (Pointe Magazine 12/18/12)

So get your rest and save your feet.

FYI...for all of my local dancers in Pasadena and Los Angeles...the following classes are canceled for the holidays:

--Christmas Eve classes at Le Studio
--Christmas Day classes at Dance Arts
--12/26 classes at Dance Arts (evening classes at Le Studio WILL be in session!)
--New Year's Eve classes at Le Studio (except for my 10AM $10 special class!!)
--New Year's Day classes at Dance Arts

ALL other classes ARE in session. If you have any questions, please check the calendar at the bottom of this page or send me an email.  Happy and healthy dancing to all!

No comments: