Sunday, June 17, 2018

What's new on the blog?

My company, Leigh Purtill Ballet Company, recently started rehearsals for our upcoming show, SWEET SORROW, A ZOMBIE BALLET, which will be performed on October 20 and 21 this year, at the Lanterman Auditorium in La Canada.

So far we've gotten a great head start on the Funeral entrance and opening dance, the Witches, Romeo & Juliet's pas de deux, and a brand new piece, the Spiders! They are elegant and frightening. I'm so excited to be doing new material for this show!

Here are a couple of shots of Holly (Juliet) and Bill (Romeo) working on the pas yesterday. I'll post more pics/stills from rehearsals as I get them.



I've posted a separate calendar below my teaching schedule at the bottom of this page which will include all the rehearsals for the company. (If I could figure it out, I would integrate all of my calendars but I am not that tech-savvy!) As rehearsals are added or changed, this calendar will also be updated so if you are a member of the company or someone who is excited about the show, you can check the calendar for updates.

What else is new? 

I'll be subbing for Carol Guidry on a couple of upcoming Thursdays, June 21st and July 5th, at Studio A on Hyperion Avenue in Silverlake, at 10:15AM. The class level is comparable to my Advanced Beginner class, maybe a little more Intermediate than usual. Cost is $15, cash only, please, no class cards, since I have to do my bookkeeping with the studio directly. Hope you can make it if you have those mornings available!

Happy dancing~

No comments: